This program provides objective evaluation of core competencies in design, based upon industry standards rather than specifications of just one company. Courses enhance and assess knowledge on how to transform an electrical circuit description into a PCB design that can be manufactured, assembled and tested.
Certification demonstrates a solid commitment to excellence. Your personal and organizational investment in continuing education and professional development makes a difference to employers as well as their customers. CID (Certified Interconnect Designer-Basic) and CID+ (Advanced) are valuable professional credentials recognized throughout the electronics industry.
- Discounts on select design-related IPC Standards (pdf), events and programs
- Access to technical support – Designers Council Forum electronic bulletin board
- Networking and technical education – your local Designs Council Chapter
- Participation in Standards Development
IPC Designers Council
An international society of individual designers, its mission is to facilitate and promote orderly exchange and integration of design concepts concerning printed boards and related technologies through communication that connects the design community. IPC offers technical education events for designers on-site and online: conferences, workshops, webcasts and professional certification programs.
How is Designers Council participation different from IPC membership?
- Certified designers (CID/CID+) can enroll to IPC designers Council at www.ipc.org/designers-council-enrollment absolutely free of cost.
- Designers Council is for individuals – IPC Membership is for organizations
- IPC CID / CID+ Certification is valid for Life Time – IPC Membership is valid for one / two years as the choice is.
- Benefits to IPC Designer Council Members are specific to design-related events, programs and communication – IPC Membership Benefits
- extend to all employees at registered sites
- extend discounts on all IPC events and programs
- provide access to market research information, network of members and affiliates.
Certification Materials & Course Fees
Course fee includes a complete set of study material, two-day review workshop session, exam and certification.
Complete package ofstudy materials will be sent to each participant as soon as IPC receives registration form and payment.
Please allow at least 5 days for shipping. There is NO need to purchase any materials separately.
Recommended study period for participants to be familiar with course material prior to Training session and examination is min. of 3 weeks. Score of 73% and above is required for Certified status as CID / CID+.
- General batch size is about 15~20 participants.
- Details of actual dates & venue will be informed to registered participants once batch registrations are closed and dates are finalized .
- Business Lunch & Coffee/Tea are complimentary on all 3 days of the Course.