IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronics Assemblies Training and Certification Program
- IPC Help for Instructors and Users
- Certification Extensions
- Training Course Topics
- Program Benefits
- Support for Training A-610 Certified Instructors
- Support for Training A-610 Application Specialists
- Updates to Training Materials for Amendments
- Ordering information for 610E Translated Training Materials
- Authorized Training Centers
Translated Training Materials
Translated training materials for this program are available. Additional languages are continuously being added.
Targeting Excellence in Electronics Assembly
Support for Lead Free and Modular Training at the Application Level!
IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies is the most widely used standard published by the IPC. With multiple language versions, it has an international reputation as the source for end product acceptance criteria for consumer and high reliability printed wiring assemblies.
An industry developed and approved program that includes training, certification and instructional materials based on the IPC-A-610 is available to your company. This certification will demonstrate your commitment to customer requirements and greatly assists any company dedicated to ISO-9000 or other quality assurance initiatives.
This training and certification has immediate recognition, legitimacy and value throughout the electronics industry. Thousands of individuals have been trained to be IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Trainers. A comprehensive and technically accurate program, IPC-A-610 Training and Certification provides Certified IPC Trainers with high quality materials and detailed instructional plans for training Application Specialists at all levels, including buyers, sales teams and management.
How the IPC Certification Program Works
IPC-A-610 Training and Certification program has two tiers of instruction. Certified IPC Trainer candidates are sent by their parent companies to receive intensive training on the IPC-A-610 from an IPC authorized certification center. Candidates are certified once they complete their course of study and pass the certification examinations. If they feel they do not need the training course, candidates may opt to take a “challenge test” administered by one of the certification centers. Certified IPC Trainers are provided instructional materials for training Application Specialist in a modular training program. Certified IPC Trainers are considered certified for two years after the course completion date. They must then re-certify at an IPC authorized certification site.
- Establishing and maintaining integrity of the certification program
- Purpose and application of IPC-A-610
- Hardware installation
- Soldering criteria, including lead free connections
- Soldered requirements for connecting to terminals
- Soldered connection requirements for plated-through holes
- Surface mounting criteria for chip components, leadless and leaded chip carriers
- Swaged hardware and heatsink requirements of mechanical assemblies
- Component mounting criteria for DIPS, socket pins and card edge connectors
- Jumper wire assembly requirements
- Solder fillet dimensional criteria for all major SMT component groups
- Soldering, such as tombstoning, dewetting, voiding and others
- Criteria for component damage, laminate conditions, cleaning and coating
- Steps to effectively using the lesson plan and materials, tips on inspection and a review of important Certified IPC Trainer skills