IPC India Contest to Showcase PCB Designers' Skills
IPC India’s PCB Design Contest 2019 - will put to test the skills of the PCB Designers and create an opportunity to compete with the best in the
business. The registration for the contest is open to all PCB designers with advanced knowledge, till March 29, 2019. Upon successful
registration, a dead line will be set while providing the design task for the competition. The design task will be performed at the
contestant’s work place for onward submission to IPC India.
The contest will recognize the best designers amongst the participants, judged on the following criteria:
• CAD tool expertise.
• Perception of design technology and application of design standards.
• Overall understanding of PCB design requirements.
• Sensitivity to consequences of Design Constraints on Down Stream Activities like Fabrication and Assembly.
In addition to gaining the recognition of their peers, participants will be able to benchmark their PCB design skills against those of their design
colleagues and receive recommendations from advanced certified designers (CID+) and world-class specialists in the field on how to improve
IPC Member Price – INR. 3000/-
Non-member Price – INR. 6000/-
The winner of the IPC PCB Design Contest will receive a complimentary registration to an IPC CID+ Certification Course (if already a CID). If the
winner does not already have CID credentials, a complimentary entry to the IPC CID Certification Course will be awarded, which will be conducted
at IPC India Training Centre.
• The registration is on first come first serve basis. Kindly nominate the participant names at the earliest for doing the needful at our end.
• The Winner and Runner-up of the competition will have to procure the respective Standards and Edge 2.0 credits at their own cost.
• Design contest is conducted offline.
• Contestants shall be given 3 weeks’ time to complete the design and submit the deliverables.
• Accepted EDA tools: Cadence Orcad/Allegro, Mentor pads/expedition, Altium, Zuken
Cadstar. Orcad schematic will be provided.
• The scope of design is from netlist import – Layout Design including library creation - Gerber generation.
• Design provided is a mixed signal, high speed design encompassing current design technologies.
This is a representative design and need not be a functional design.
• The contestants are required to participate in second level evaluation Viva questions on the event day.
- Questions on Manufacturability aspects.
- Questions about how design was done.